The House Clerk's Office recognizes and thanks all whose interests, inquiries, research and contributions have made this first-of-its-kind interactive and searchable database of members possible.
References: (External Links)
- Biography Website
- Encyclopedia Virginia
- Find A Grave
- Highland Home of James Monroe
- History. Org
- Library of Virginia
- Library of Virginia - Guides to Manuscripts & Archival Collections in Virginia
- Library of Virginia - Virginia Women in History
- Miller Center
- MLK Commission
- Monticello website
- Montpelier Website
- Mount Vernon Website
- Richmond Magazine
- University of Virginia Library - Special Collections Library
- University of Virginia - Small Collections Library
- Washington Post Article
Printed Publications: (Library Acknowledgements):
- Jamestown-Yorktown Foundation Historian Nancy Egloff
- Crawley, William B. Bill Tuck: A Political Life in Harry Byrd's Virginia. Charlottesville: University of Virginia Press, 1978.
- Catherine M. Lynn, "Shirley Plantation: A History" (M.A. thesis, University of Delaware, 1967)
- Gawalt, Gerald W., ed. "'Strict Truth': The Narrative of William Armisted Burwell." Virginia Magazine of History and Biography 101 (January 1993): 103-32.
- Genealogy of the Cocke Family in Virginia , The Virginia Magazine of History and Biography, Vol. 3, No. 3 (Jan., 1896), pp. 282-292+340
- Genealogy of the Cocke Family of Virginia Source: The Virginia Magazine of History and Biography, Vol. 3, No. 4 (Apr., 1896), pp. 405-414
- Discourse on the Life and Character of the Hon. Littleton Waller Tazewell Hugh Blair Grigsby, Published by J. D. Ghiselin, Norfolk, 1860A Guide to the Executive Papers of Governor Littleton W. Tazewell, 1834-1836, Library of Virginia
*The information within this interactive and searchable application has been researched extensively by the House Clerk’s Office. As with any historical records of this age and breadth, there may be discrepancies and/or inconsistencies within records obtained from a variety of credible sources. Any feedback is encoraged at email@example.com.
These options allow users to search the contents of historical records based on various criteria for House members.