Please turn your device to landscape view for wide tables like those below.
William F. Carter
Member From: 1954 - 1957
- Birth Date: April 23, 1908 Birth Place:Martinsville, VA
- Death Date: 04/03/1999
- Gender: Male Race: Caucasian
- Education: Martinsville High School (1926) University of Richmond (B.A., 1930) University of Virginia (LL.B., 1940)
- Military Service: USN (World War II, Lieutenant, s.g., 1943-45; Federal Bureau of Investigation, 1942-43)
- Occupation/Profession: Attorney
- Memberships/Affiliations: Baptist Church Elks Forest Park Country Club Pythians Masons American Legion Substitute Trial Justice, City of Martinsville and Henry (former)
|1954-1955||Counties of Henry and Patrick; City of Martinsville||Independent||Claims
|1955||Counties of Henry and Patrick; City of Martinsville||Independent||Claims
|1956||Counties of Henry and Patrick; City of Martinsville||Democrat||Federal Relations
Game and Inland Fisheries
Insurance and Banking
*The information within this interactive and searchable application has been researched extensively by the House Clerk’s Office. As with any historical records of this age and breadth, there may be discrepancies and/or inconsistencies within records obtained from a variety of credible sources. Any feedback is encouraged at firstname.lastname@example.org.
These options allow users to search the contents of historical records based on various criteria for House members.