Please turn your device to landscape view for wide tables like those below.
William B. Spong Jr.
Member From: 1954 - Ex. 1955
- Birth Date: September 29, 1920 Birth Place:Portsmouth, VA
- Death Date: 10/08/1997
- Gender: Male Race: Caucasian
- Education: Hampden-Sydney College University of Virginia (LL.B., 1947) University of Edinburgh, Scotland
- Military Service: USAAF (World War II, 8th Air Force, 1942-45)
- Occupation/Profession: Attorney
- Memberships/Affiliations: Methodist Church Portsmouth Rotary American Legion Pi Kappa Alpha Phi Alpha Delta Tau Kappa Alpha Pi Delta Epsilon
- Other Notable Service and/or Elected Offices: Senate of Virginia (1956-1967) United States Senate (1967-1973)
|1954-1955||City of Portsmouth||Democrat||Education
|1955||City of Portsmouth||Democrat||Education
*The information within this interactive and searchable application has been researched extensively by the House Clerk’s Office. As with any historical records of this age and breadth, there may be discrepancies and/or inconsistencies within records obtained from a variety of credible sources. Any feedback is encouraged at firstname.lastname@example.org.
These options allow users to search the contents of historical records based on various criteria for House members.