Please turn your device to landscape view for wide tables like those below.
Samuel James Thompson
Member From: 1932 - 1933
- Birth Date: February 18, 1899 Birth Place:Java, Virginia
- Death Date: December 9, 1955
- Gender: Male Race: Caucasian
- Spouse: Martha Laura Watkins Thompson (m. 1931)
- Children: Elizabeth and Stephen
- Religion: Baptist
- Education: Rustburg High School Roanoke College Washington and Lee University
- Military Service: World War I
- Occupation/Profession: Attorney
- Memberships/Affiliations: Baptist Church Odd Fellows Lions American Legion Masons
- Other Notable Service and/or Elected Offices:
Virginia Constitutional Convention (1945)
|1932-1933||County of Campbell||Democrat||Asylums and Prisons
|1933 Ex.||County of Campbell||Democrat||Asylums and Prisons
*The information within this interactive and searchable application has been researched extensively by the House Clerk’s Office. As with any historical records of this age and breadth, there may be discrepancies and/or inconsistencies within records obtained from a variety of credible sources. Any feedback is encouraged at firstname.lastname@example.org.
These options allow users to search the contents of historical records based on various criteria for House members.