Please turn your device to landscape view for wide tables like those below.
Major McKinley Hillard
Member From: 1928 - 1930
- Birth Date: October 23, 1896 Birth Place:Morgan County, TN
- Death Date: June 24, 1977
- Gender: Male Race: Caucasian
- Spouse: Mary Frances "Merle" Cherry (1895-1989)
- Children: one son, one daughter
- Education: The College of William and Mary, University of Richmond
- Military Service: U.S. Army (World War I)
- Occupation/Profession: Attorney
- Memberships/Affiliations: Baptist Church American Legion Elks, Deep Creek Baptist Church, Deep Creek Ruritan Club
- Additional Info: He was instrumental in the merger of Norfolk County with South Norfolk to form the city of Chesapeake in 1963. The Major Hillard library is a public library in the City of Chesapeake that was named in Hillard's honor.
- Other Notable Service and/or Elected Offices:
Senate of Virginia (1932- April 1954)
Circuit Court Clerk, Norfolk County (1954)
Circuit Court Judge (1961-1971)
|1928||County of Norfolk; City of South Norfolk||Democrat||Counties Cities and Towns
|1930||County of Norfolk; City of South Norfolk||Democrat||Counties Cities and Towns
*The information within this interactive and searchable application has been researched extensively by the House Clerk’s Office. As with any historical records of this age and breadth, there may be discrepancies and/or inconsistencies within records obtained from a variety of credible sources. Any feedback is encouraged at email@example.com.
These options allow users to search the contents of historical records based on various criteria for House members.