Please turn your device to landscape view for wide tables like those below.
Joseph F. "Joe" Bouchard
Member From: 2008 - 2009
- Birth Date: 1954 Birth Place:Pensacola, FL
- Gender: Male Race: Caucasian
- Spouse: Rita Therese Lara
- Children: Ellen Lara
- Education: U.S. Naval Academy; MD (B.S.; 1976) Naval Postgraduate School (M.A.; 1981) Stanford University; CA (Ph.D.; 1989)
- Military Service: USN (Retired Captain, 1976-2003)
- Occupation/Profession: Corporate executive
- Memberships/Affiliations: Catholic Church Virginia Maritime Association (board of directors) Hampton Roads Military and Federal Facility Alliance (advisory committee) CIVIC Leadership Institute (board of directors; Strategic Planning Committee, chairman) Future Hampton Roads (board of directors; Planning Committee) Maritime Institute, Old Dominion University (advisory committee) United States Naval Institute Navy League of the United States Hampton Roads Technology Council Chesapeake Bay Foundation WHRO Center for Regional Citizenship (advisory committee) Cypress Point Civic Association (board of directors)
- Awards: Presidential Service Badge Defense Distinguished Service Medal Legion of Merit (three awards) Defense Meritorious Service Medal Meritorious Service Medal (two awards) Navy Commendation Medal (three awards) Meritorious Unit Commendation (two awards) National Defense Medal (three awards) Southwest Asia Service Medal Humanitarian Service Medal Sea Service Ribbon (six awards) Overseas Service Ribbon (two awards) Junior Officer Shiphandling Award (1980) Captain Hugh Nott Memorial Award for exceptional articles published in the Naval War College Review (1988) Naval Historical Center and Naval Historical Foundation, Rear Admiral Ernest M. Eller Prize in Naval History for best article on naval history (1999) Virginia Board of Education, "Resolution of Appreciation" (2001) Hampton Roads Maritime Association, 2002 Port Champion (2002) Secretary of Defense Annual Antiterrorism Award, Best Antiterrorism/Force Protection Innovation or Action, First Honorable Mention, for Port Security in Hampton Roads (2002) U.S. Secretary of Transportation, 2002 Partnering for Excellence for Port Security in Hampton Roads (2003) Hampton Roads Maritime Association, Resolution of Appreciation (2003) Virginia Port Authority, Medal of Excellence (2003)
|2008||City of Virginia Beach (part)||83||Democrat||Agriculture Chesapeake and Natural Resources
Science and Technology
|2009||City of Virginia Beach (part)||83||Democrat||Agriculture Chesapeake and Natural Resources
Science and Technology
*The information within this interactive and searchable application has been researched extensively by the House Clerk’s Office. As with any historical records of this age and breadth, there may be discrepancies and/or inconsistencies within records obtained from a variety of credible sources. Any feedback is encouraged at firstname.lastname@example.org.
These options allow users to search the contents of historical records based on various criteria for House members.