Please turn your device to landscape view for wide tables like those below.
John W. Morrison
Member From: 1934 - 1937
- Birth Date: 1876 Birth Place:Rockingham County, VA
- Gender: Male Race: Caucasian
- Education: Rockingham County Public Schools Georgetown University, Washington, DC
- Military Service:
- Occupation/Profession: Attorney
- Memberships/Affiliations: Christian Church Independent Order of Odd Fellows Sons of Confederate Veterans Veterans of Foreign Wars, Rion Bowman Post (honorary member) Rockingham-Harrisonburg Chamber of Commerce (president) Mayor of City of Harrisonburg (8 years) Red Cross (chairman) P.E.R. Harrisonburg Elks Lodge Virginia Elks (former District Deputy) Virginia State Elks Association (former president) Virginia State Volunteer Fireman's Association (former vice president) Seventh District Republican Committee (chairman) National Republican Convention (delegate) Benevolent Protective Order of Elks
|1934||County of Rockingham; City of Harrisonburg||Republican||Executive Expenditures
Manufactures and Mechanics Arts
Privileges and Elections
|1936-1937||County of Rockingham; City of Harrisonburg||Republican||Courts of Justice
Manufactures and Mechanic Arts
*The information within this interactive and searchable application has been researched extensively by the House Clerk’s Office. As with any historical records of this age and breadth, there may be discrepancies and/or inconsistencies within records obtained from a variety of credible sources. Any feedback is encouraged at firstname.lastname@example.org.
These options allow users to search the contents of historical records based on various criteria for House members.