Please turn your device to landscape view for wide tables like those below.
George Rogers Clark Stuart
Member From: 1970 - 1973
- Birth Date: August 31, 1924 Birth Place:Abingdon, Virginia
- Death Date: August 23, 2008
- Gender: Male Race: Caucasian
- Spouse: Margaret Lane Anderson Stuart (m. 1960, div.) and Mary Elizabeth Baker Stuart (m. 1977)
- Children: Lane and Ellen
- Religion: Episcopalian
- Education: Episcopal High School Hampden-Sydney College Williams College, MA (B.A., 1947) Oxford University, England (B.A., 1947, M.A., 1955) University of Virginia (LL.B., 1951)
- Military Service: USA (1943-46; European Theater of Operations, 1944-46)
- Occupation/Profession: Attorney
- Memberships/Affiliations: Presbyterian Church Washington Industrial Development Authority (chairman) Washington County Chamber of Commerce (board member and former president) Johnston Memorial Hospital (board of trustees) Sullins College (board of trustees) Virginia Bar Association (former president, 1968-69) Junior Chamber of Commerce, Washington County (former president) Washington County Red Cross and Cancer Chapter (former president) Kiwanis
|1970-1971||Counties of Washington and Scott; City of Bristol||62||Democrat||Courts of Justice
Militia and Police
|1972-1973||Counties of Scott (part), Smyth and Washington; City of Bristol||2||Democrat||Conservation and Natural Resources
Courts of Justice
Militia and Police
Mining and Mineral Resources
*The information within this interactive and searchable application has been researched extensively by the House Clerk’s Office. As with any historical records of this age and breadth, there may be discrepancies and/or inconsistencies within records obtained from a variety of credible sources. Any feedback is encouraged at email@example.com.
These options allow users to search the contents of historical records based on various criteria for House members.