Please turn your device to landscape view for wide tables like those below.
Jubal A. Early
Member From: 1841 - 1842
- Birth Date: November 3, 1816 Birth Place:Rocky Mount, Virginia
- Death Date: 1894
- Gender: Male Race: Caucasian, Irish
- Education: United States Military Academy at West Point - 1837
- Military Service: 3rd U.S. Artillery 1837 - 1838; volunteer officer in the Mexican War (1846–1848); General, Virginia Militia then Colonel and finally Major General, Confederate Army 1861 - 1865
- Occupation/Profession: Lawyer
Additional Info Links:
- Other Notable Service and/or Elected Offices:
Virginia Constitutional Convention: 1861
Founder and president of the Southern Historical Society
*The information within this interactive and searchable application has been researched extensively by the House Clerk’s Office. As with any historical records of this age and breadth, there may be discrepancies and/or inconsistencies within records obtained from a variety of credible sources. Any feedback is encouraged at firstname.lastname@example.org.
These options allow users to search the contents of historical records based on various criteria for House members.