Please turn your device to landscape view for wide tables like those below.
Allen T. Caperton
Member From: 1841 - 1861
- Birth Date: November 21, 1810 Birth Place:Union, Monroe County, Virginia (later West Virginia)
- Death Date: July 26, 1876
- Gender: Male Race: Caucasian
- Spouse: Harriet Echols
- Education: University of Virginia, Yale College (1832)
- Military Service:
- Occupation/Profession: Attorney
- Additional Info: He was the first ex-Confederate elected to the U.S. Senate
His father, Hugh Caperton was also a member of the House of Delegates and served one term in Congress (March 1813-1815)
- Other Notable Service and/or Elected Offices:
Virginia Senate (1844-1848)
Virginia Constitutional Convention (1850)
Virginia Secession Convention (1861)
Senate of the Confederate States of America (Jan 22, 1864- May 10, 1865)
U.S. Senate (March 4, 1875-July 26, 1876)
Schools and Colleges
*The information within this interactive and searchable application has been researched extensively by the House Clerk’s Office. As with any historical records of this age and breadth, there may be discrepancies and/or inconsistencies within records obtained from a variety of credible sources. Any feedback is encouraged at email@example.com.
These options allow users to search the contents of historical records based on various criteria for House members.