Please turn your device to landscape view for wide tables like those below.
William Thomas Poague
Member From: 1871 - 1873
- Birth Date: December 20, 1835 Birth Place:Rockbridge county, VA
- Death Date: September 8, 1914
- Gender: Male Race: Caucasian
- Spouse: Sarah Josephine Moore
- Children: Elizabeth Moore Durrance, Robert Barclay, William Thomas, Henry Grisby
- Religion: Presbyterian
- Education: Presbyterian High School in Brownsburg, VA, Washington College (1857), Judge Brockenbrough's law school (1859-1860)
- Military Service: Confederate Army (1861-65)
- Occupation/Profession: Lawyer, Farmer
- Memberships/Affiliations: Board of Directors of Western State Hospital, Board of Trustees of Washington College and Washington and Lee University, Member of the Lexington School Board, Phi Kappa Phi
Schools and Colleges
*The information within this interactive and searchable application has been researched extensively by the House Clerk’s Office. As with any historical records of this age and breadth, there may be discrepancies and/or inconsistencies within records obtained from a variety of credible sources. Any feedback is encouraged at email@example.com.
These options allow users to search the contents of historical records based on various criteria for House members.