Please turn your device to landscape view for wide tables like those below.
Member From: 1879 - 1882
- Birth Date: December 25, 1831 Birth Place:Cumberland County, Virginia
- Death Date: March 30, 1900
- Gender: Male Race: African American
- Spouse: Elizabeth; Mary Agnes Coleman (m. January 7, 1869)
- Children: 5+
- Military Service:
Additional Info Links:
Bio from Encyclopedia Virginia
- Additional Info: Shed Dungee was born into slavery about 1831 in Cumberland County. Mr. Dungee earned a living as a shoemaker, farmer, and preacher. He learned the trade of shoemaking and attended a school for freedmen after the American Civil War. He owned and operated a small farm and promoted the development of schools and the founding of churches. He represented Cumberland and Buckingham Counties in the Virginia House of Delegates from 1879 to 1882. He died by the census enumeration of 1900.
|1879-1880||Cumberland and Buckingham||Debt Payer/Readjuster and Republican||Officers and Offices at the Capitol Committee
Public Property Committee
|1881-1882||Cumberland and Buckingham||Debt Payer/Readjuster and Republican||Officers and Offices at the Capitol Committee
Retrenchment and the Economy
Roads and Internal Navigation
*The information within this interactive and searchable application has been researched extensively by the House Clerk’s Office. As with any historical records of this age and breadth, there may be discrepancies and/or inconsistencies within records obtained from a variety of credible sources. Any feedback is encouraged at email@example.com.
These options allow users to search the contents of historical records based on various criteria for House members.