Please turn your device to landscape view for wide tables like those below.
Member From: 1876 - 1877
- Birth Date: 1819 or 1820 Birth Place:
- Death Date: June 24, 1892
- Gender: Male Race: African American
- Spouse: Letty (Lettie) Garnett; Katherine (Catherine) Williams
- Children: Two daughters, one son
- Military Service:
Additional Info Links:
Bio from Encyclopedia Virginia
- Additional Info: Aaron Commodore was born in 1819 or 1820 as a slave probably in Essex County. A shoemaker, he purchased a home and land in Tappahannock before he became a member of the General Assembly. He was an influential community leader and represented Essex County in the Virginia House of Delegates from 1875 to 1877, where he served on the House Militia and Police Committee. He was a member of First Baptist Church, Tappahannock. Mr. Commodore died in June 1892.
|1875-1877||Essex||Republican||Militia and Police Committee (Dates Unknown)|
*The information within this interactive and searchable application has been researched extensively by the House Clerk’s Office. As with any historical records of this age and breadth, there may be discrepancies and/or inconsistencies within records obtained from a variety of credible sources. Any feedback is encouraged at email@example.com.
These options allow users to search the contents of historical records based on various criteria for House members.