Please turn your device to landscape view for wide tables like those below.
Britton Baskerville Jr.
Member From: 1887 - 1888
- Birth Date: October 1863 Birth Place:Mecklenberg County, Virginia
- Death Date: April 25, 1892
- Gender: Male Race: African American
- Education: Boydton Academic and Bible Institute 1883; Wayland Institute (Washington D.C.) 1885 graduate
- Military Service:
Additional Info Links:
Bio from Encyclopedia Virginia
- Additional Info: Britton Baskerville, Jr., born a slave in Mecklenburg County in 1863, was the eldest of five sons of Britton and Sallie Baskervill. He was educated at Boydton Academic and Bible Institute, in Mecklenburg County, and at Wayland Institute in Washington, D.C. He taught school in the Flat Creek District of Mecklenburg County. He served as the Sunday school superintendent at Bloom Hill Baptist Church. Mr. Baskervill represented Mecklenburg County in the Virginia House of Delegates from 1887 to 1888, where he served on the House Committees on Privileges and Elections and the Chesapeake and its Tributaries. He never married and died early of tuberculosis in 1892.
|1887-1888||Mecklenberg||Republican||Chesapeake and Its Tributaries
Privileges and Elections
*The information within this interactive and searchable application has been researched extensively by the House Clerk’s Office. As with any historical records of this age and breadth, there may be discrepancies and/or inconsistencies within records obtained from a variety of credible sources. Any feedback is encouraged at firstname.lastname@example.org.
These options allow users to search the contents of historical records based on various criteria for House members.