Please turn your device to landscape view for wide tables like those below.
Robert Beverley Jr.
Member From: 1699 - 1722
- Birth Date: 1667-1668 Birth Place:Middlesex County, Virginia
- Death Date: April 21, 1722
- Gender: Male Race: Caucasian
- Spouse: Ursula Byrd
- Children: William
- Military Service:
- Occupation/Profession: Historian of Virginia - Author of "History and Present State of Virginia" published in London in 1705. Second edition in 1722. He also published in 1722 "Abridgement of the Publick Laws of Virginia".
- Additional Info: Robert Beverley, Jr. was the son of Robert Beverley (1641 - 1686) and his first wife, Mary Keeble.
Ursula Byrd was the daughter of William Byrd and Mary Horsmanden. She was born on November 29, 1681 and died October 31, 1698. She was buried at Jamestown, Virginia.
Robert Beverley died before the opening of the 1722 session which began May 9, 1722. He was succeeded by Richard Johnson.
- Other Notable Service and/or Elected Offices:
Clerk of the Council of State: 1696
Clerk of the House of Burgesses - 1703
|1700-1702||Jamestown||Propositions and Grievances|
|1705-1706||Jamestown||Propositions and Grievances|
|1720-1722||King & Queen||Propositions and Grievances|
*The information within this interactive and searchable application has been researched extensively by the House Clerk’s Office. As with any historical records of this age and breadth, there may be discrepancies and/or inconsistencies within records obtained from a variety of credible sources. Any feedback is encouraged at email@example.com.
These options allow users to search the contents of historical records based on various criteria for House members.