Please turn your device to landscape view for wide tables like those below.
Branch Tanner Archer
Member From: 1819 - 1820
- Birth Date: December 13, 1790 Birth Place:
- Death Date: September 22, 1856
- Gender: Male Race: Caucasian
- Education: William & Mary (circa 1804); Received medical degree for the University of Pennsylvania in 1808
- Military Service: Strong proponent of Texas independence; participated in the Texas’s Revolution first battle,, the Battle of Gonzalez in October 1835
- Occupation/Profession: Physician
- Additional Info: Killed his cousin in a duel in 1828
- Other Notable Service and/or Elected Offices:
Elected to Texas Congress, and became Speaker of the House of Representatives in the Republic of Texas for its second session
Served as Secretary of War for the Republic of Texas (February 1840-December 1841)
|1819-1820||Powhatan||Propositions and Grievances
Roads and Internal Navigation
Schools and Colleges
*The information within this interactive and searchable application has been researched extensively by the House Clerk’s Office. As with any historical records of this age and breadth, there may be discrepancies and/or inconsistencies within records obtained from a variety of credible sources. Any feedback is encouraged at firstname.lastname@example.org.
These options allow users to search the contents of historical records based on various criteria for House members.