Please turn your device to landscape view for wide tables like those below.
Member From: 1779 - 1785
- Birth Date: 1750 Birth Place:Virginia
- Death Date: 1803
- Gender: Male Race: Caucasian, English
- Spouse: Hannah Carrington (1751 - 1817) marriage date 1772
- Children: William H. Cabell - (1772 - 1853) Governor of Virginia (1806 - 1808)
His seventh child, Mary Carrington, died in infancy in 1784, and the child of his old age, Paul Carrington, died in infancy in 1791. To deepen his sense of loss, daughters Hannah (b. 1786) and Henningham (b. 1787) each died in 1794.
- Military Service: Colonel in the 1st Battalion during American Revolution
Present at the surrender of Cornwallis in Yorktown.
Additional Info Links:
- Additional Info: Son of William Cabell (1699 - 1774) & Elizabeth Burks (1706 - 1756) date of their marriage 1726
- Other Notable Service and/or Elected Offices:
Senate of Virginia (Oct. 16, 1786 - Jan. 23, 1801)
Trustee of Washington College (now Washington & Lee)
|1779||Amherst||Propositions and Grievances|
|1783||Amherst||Propositions and Grievances|
Privileges and Elections
Propositions and Grievances
*The information within this interactive and searchable application has been researched extensively by the House Clerk’s Office. As with any historical records of this age and breadth, there may be discrepancies and/or inconsistencies within records obtained from a variety of credible sources. Any feedback is encouraged at firstname.lastname@example.org.
These options allow users to search the contents of historical records based on various criteria for House members.