Please turn your device to landscape view for wide tables like those below.
Moses William Chapline
Member From: 1818 - 1821
- Birth Date: February 27, 1789 Birth Place:Wheeling, Ohio County, Virginia
- Death Date: October 20, 1840
- Gender: Male Race: Caucasian
- Spouse: His wife was Elizabeth Miller Fox, whose father was Josiah Fox, for 15 years constructor of all the navy yards of the United States, appointed under General Washington's administration.
- Military Service: General, served as aide de camp of General Louis Cass in War of 1812
- Other Notable Service and/or Elected Offices:
First mayor of Wheeling (1836-1840)
While Mayor, he entertained General Lafayette on his visit to America in 1825, and hosted a great ball was given in Lafayette's honor.
|1818-1819||Ohio||Courts of Justice
Propositions and Grievances
|1820-1821||Ohio||Roads and Internal Navigation|
*The information within this interactive and searchable application has been researched extensively by the House Clerk’s Office. As with any historical records of this age and breadth, there may be discrepancies and/or inconsistencies within records obtained from a variety of credible sources. Any feedback is encouraged at firstname.lastname@example.org.
These options allow users to search the contents of historical records based on various criteria for House members.