Please turn your device to landscape view for wide tables like those below.
Member From: 1818 - 1819
- Birth Date: December 19, 1785 Birth Place:Orange County, Virginia
- Death Date: February 27, 1877
- Gender: Male Race: Caucasian
- Spouse: Sarah (Sally) Smith
- Military Service: Captain of the Harrison Riflemen during the War of 1812;
Additional Info Links:
- Additional Info: First popularly elected governor of Virginia on 1 January 1852
- Other Notable Service and/or Elected Offices:
U.S. House of Representatives: 1823-1826, 1831-1832, 1835-1840, 1845-1846
Virginia Constitutional Convention: 1850
Governor of Virginia: 1852-1855
Propositions and Grievances
*The information within this interactive and searchable application has been researched extensively by the House Clerk’s Office. As with any historical records of this age and breadth, there may be discrepancies and/or inconsistencies within records obtained from a variety of credible sources. Any feedback is encouraged at firstname.lastname@example.org.
These options allow users to search the contents of historical records based on various criteria for House members.