Please turn your device to landscape view for wide tables like those below.
Member From: 1761 - 1765
- Birth Date: Birth Place:
- Gender: Male Race: Caucasian
- Education: William & Mary (circa 1750)
- Military Service: French and Indian War veteran – commissioned as a Lt in Washington’s First Virginia Regiment in February 1754; promoted to Captain and served as Washington’s aide-de-camp
- Occupation/Profession: Lawyer and Businessman (member of the Ohio Company)
- Additional Info: Son of John Mercer – Irish immigrant and wealthy plantation owner at Marlborough in Stafford County; Brother of James Mercer and John Fenton Mercer; half-brother of John Francis Mercer; First Cousin of George Mason
- Other Notable Service and/or Elected Offices: Served an agent of the Ohio Company in London, and never returned to Virginia so presumably died in England
|1761-1765||Frederick||Courts of Justice
Propositions and Grievances
*The information within this interactive and searchable application has been researched extensively by the House Clerk’s Office. As with any historical records of this age and breadth, there may be discrepancies and/or inconsistencies within records obtained from a variety of credible sources. Any feedback is encouraged at firstname.lastname@example.org.
These options allow users to search the contents of historical records based on various criteria for House members.