Please turn your device to landscape view for wide tables like those below.
Member From: 1761 - 1788
- Birth Date: September 19, 1732 Birth Place:Virginia
- Death Date: 1798
- Gender: Male Race: Caucasian, English
- Spouse: Mary Hopkins (1735 - 1811) date of marriage 1752
- Children: 5
- Military Service:
Additional Info Links:
- Additional Info: Son of William Cabell (1699 - 1774) & Elizabeth Burks (1706 - 1756) date of their marriage 1726
- Other Notable Service and/or Elected Offices:
Senate of Virginia (May 7, 1781 - Jan. 21 1786)
Deputy Sheriff of Albemarle County (date unknown)
Justice of the Peace - Albemarle County (1761)
Virginia Constitutional Convention (1776)
|1761-1765||Buckingham||Courts of Justice|
|1766-1768||Buckingham||Courts of Justice|
|1769||Buckingham||Propositions and Grievances|
|1772-1774||Amherst||Propositions and Grievances
|1776||Amherst||Propositions and Grievances
|1778||Amherst||Propositions & Grievances
|1787-1788||Buckingham||Propositions and Grievances|
*The information within this interactive and searchable application has been researched extensively by the House Clerk’s Office. As with any historical records of this age and breadth, there may be discrepancies and/or inconsistencies within records obtained from a variety of credible sources. Any feedback is encouraged at email@example.com.
These options allow users to search the contents of historical records based on various criteria for House members.