Please turn your device to landscape view for wide tables like those below.
Member From: 1667 - 1697
- Birth Date: circa 1627 Birth Place:Plymouth, MA
- Death Date: December 30, 1702
- Gender: Male Race: Caucasian
- Spouse: Elizabeth (died ca. 1660)
*(in 1663) Elizabeth Willoughby (Overzee) Colcough
- Children: Elizabeth (1653-1740), Isaac (1655-?)
**Willoughby (b. ca. 1664), Frances (b. ca. 1668), Sarah (1670-1731)
- Education: Tutored by his grandfather William Brewster prior to attending Harvard, graduated in 1650.
- Military Service: Col., (?) militia. As a Major, Alerton served under Col. John Washington, great-grandfather of president George Washington.
- Occupation/Profession: Tobacco planter/merchant
- Additional Info: Isaac Alerton/Allerton was the son of Mayflower Pilgrim Isaac Allerton and his second wife Fear Brewster, daughter of Elder William Brewster, one of the signers of the Mayflower Compact.
*This marriage and children information is no longer accepted by the General Society of Mayflower Descendants; see Mayflower Families Through Five Generations (Vol. 17: Isaac Allerton) by Robert S. Wakefield and Margaret Harris Stover.
** Willoughby Allerton is listed in the membership of the assemblies of 1699 and 1710-14, representing Westmoreland county.
1667 [representing Westmoreland], 1668-74 [representing Northumberland], 1676, 1677, 1680-82, 1684
- Other Notable Service and/or Elected Offices:
Justice, Northumberland Co.: 1663
Member, "Committee of the Association of Northumberland, Westmoreland and Stafford Counties": 1667
Member, Council of State: 1687-1691
|1661-1676||Westmoreland, Northumberland||Private Causes|
|1677 Feb||Westmoreland, Northumberland|
|1677 Oct||Westmoreland, Northumberland|
|1680-1682||Westmoreland, Northumberland||Propositions (Chair)
|1684||Westmoreland, Northumberland||Propositions and Grievances|
*The information within this interactive and searchable application has been researched extensively by the House Clerk’s Office. As with any historical records of this age and breadth, there may be discrepancies and/or inconsistencies within records obtained from a variety of credible sources. Any feedback is encouraged at firstname.lastname@example.org.
These options allow users to search the contents of historical records based on various criteria for House members.