Please turn your device to landscape view for wide tables like those below.
Robert Beverley Sr.
Member From: 1677 - 1686
- Birth Date: Baptised 1635 Birth Place:Yorkshire, England
- Death Date: March 15, 1687
- Gender: Male Race: Caucasian
- Spouse: Mary Keeble - 1st wife (died 1678)
Catherine Hone - 2nd wife (m. March 28, 1679)
- Children: Mary
- Military Service:
- Memberships/Affiliations: Christ Church Parish, Middlesex County, vestryman, 1666 - 1687
- Additional Info: *In 1685, Robert Beverley was again elected clerk of the House and thus disqualified as a burgess. Matthew Kemp was elected to fill the vacancy.
Beverley was loyal to Governor Sir William Berkeley during Bacon's Rebellion, and was a member of the several postrebellion courts-martial.
- Other Notable Service and/or Elected Offices:
Virginia Attorney General, appointed by Governor Sir William Berkeley and Council on March 10, 1676 to serve for "this present Court."
Clerk of the House: 1677 through 1682; 1685* - 1686
Justice of the Peace, Middlesex: 1673 - 1681
*The information within this interactive and searchable application has been researched extensively by the House Clerk’s Office. As with any historical records of this age and breadth, there may be discrepancies and/or inconsistencies within records obtained from a variety of credible sources. Any feedback is encouraged at email@example.com.
These options allow users to search the contents of historical records based on various criteria for House members.