Please turn your device to landscape view for wide tables like those below.
Phillip Pendleton Barbour
Member From: 1812 - 1814
- Birth Date: May 25, 1783 Birth Place:Orange County, Virginia
- Death Date: February 25, 1841
- Gender: Male Race: Caucasian
- Spouse: Frances Todd Johnson
- Children: They had two daughters and five sons. They gave family names to their first four children but named their last three baby boys unconventionally: Quintus, Sextus, and Septimus.
- Military Service:
- Occupation/Profession: Lawyer/Judge
Additional Info Links:
- Additional Info: His brother, James Barbour, served as Speaker of the House of Delegates from 1809-1812 and was Governor of Virginia from 1812-1814.
- Other Notable Service and/or Elected Offices:
U.S. House of Representatives: 1813-1824, 1827-1830
Virginia Constitutional Convention: 1829
Supreme Court Justice 1837 - 1841
|1812-1813||Orange||Democratic-Republican||Courts of Justice
Courts of Justice
*The information within this interactive and searchable application has been researched extensively by the House Clerk’s Office. As with any historical records of this age and breadth, there may be discrepancies and/or inconsistencies within records obtained from a variety of credible sources. Any feedback is encouraged at firstname.lastname@example.org.
These options allow users to search the contents of historical records based on various criteria for House members.