Please turn your device to landscape view for wide tables like those below.
Member From: 1663 - 1664
- Birth Date: before July 31, 1627 Birth Place:London, England
- Death Date: approximately 1664-1665
- Gender: Male Race: Caucasian
- Spouse: Frances Gerard, daughter of Thomas Gerard, married (first) Colonel Thomas Speke; (second) Valentine Peyton; (third) Captain John Appleton; (fourth) Colonel John Washington
- Military Service: Lieutenant Colonel, Westmoreland County militia
- Additional Info: Valentine Peyton was the son of Henry Peyton of Lincoln's Inn, Middlesex County, England, a royalist, and was baptized in St. Dunstan's Church, West End, London in 1627. He came to Virginia approx. 1650.
Valentine Peyton died shortly after the 1664 session; Gerrard Fowke repaced him in the 1665 session.
- Other Notable Service and/or Elected Offices: Justice of the court, Westmoreland County
*The information within this interactive and searchable application has been researched extensively by the House Clerk’s Office. As with any historical records of this age and breadth, there may be discrepancies and/or inconsistencies within records obtained from a variety of credible sources. Any feedback is encouraged at email@example.com.
These options allow users to search the contents of historical records based on various criteria for House members.