Please turn your device to landscape view for wide tables like those below.
Brazure Williams "Braz" Pryor
Member From: 1810 - 1812
- Birth Date: Birth Place:
- Death Date: April 1827
- Gender: Male Race: Caucasian
- Military Service: Captain, Elizabeth City County Artillery (War of 1812) - distinquished himself during the June 25th Battle of Hampton, eventually promoted to brigadier general
Resigned his commission in the Virginia Militia on January 11, 1826
- Memberships/Affiliations: St. Tammany Lodge (1816)
- Additional Info: Replaced Charles King Mallory in the House for the 1810-1811 Session upon his election to Council.
- Other Notable Service and/or Elected Offices:
Virginia Senate (1812, 1815-1816)
candidate for Congress (1824)
member of the Electoral College (1817)
member of the reception committee that planned the visit of General Lafayette on his return to Virginia in 1824
|1811-1812||Elizabeth City||Democratic-Republican||Courts of Justice
Propositions and Grievances
*The information within this interactive and searchable application has been researched extensively by the House Clerk’s Office. As with any historical records of this age and breadth, there may be discrepancies and/or inconsistencies within records obtained from a variety of credible sources. Any feedback is encouraged at firstname.lastname@example.org.
These options allow users to search the contents of historical records based on various criteria for House members.